Volunteers demonstrate the heart of The Trousdale...
invest your talents to impact lives.
"I really enjoy being a volunteer and the feeling I get from being here. The growing connections I make with the people here make me leave feeling happy and excited to return." - Claire, Volunteer
- One-on-One Companionship: Encouraging, listening, reminiscing, hand massaging and reading
- Group Activities: Cards, bingo, dominos, outings, trivia, sing-a-longs, exercise circles.
- Musical Entertainment: Individuals and groups, voice, piano, guitar
- Artistic Expression: Includes water coloring and art therapy
- Special Events: Preparation, set-up, host, and clean-up
- Pet Therapy: Pets can make a difference in the lives of residents
- Wheelchair Chauffeurs: Assist residents with mobility to and from activities
- Nature Walk Escorts: Accompany residents outdoors to enjoy fresh air and sunshine
- Spiritual Support Provide group studies, one-on-one visits for prayer and encouragement
- Teach a Class or Facilitate a Support Group: Bring a skill or area of expertise to share with our residents
- Office Support: General office duties, sorting, filing, preparing bulk mailers
- Technology Experts: Assist residents with Skype, Facebook, iPad and computer apps
For more information, contact Valerie Dorough at 916-334-1072 or email Valerie Dorough.